- Sole U.S. Citizenship
- Eligible for a Security Clearance.
- Meet minimum ASVAB Test Scores
- Meet minimum Physical Examination Standards (See Figure Below)
- 28 years of age or less at the time of accession
- Male and Female Eligible
Seek out a recruiter and ask about becoming a SARC/Recon IDC through the ATF program.
Do not agree to anything until you are absolutely sure you understand what you are signing up for. Contact the Enlisted Community Manager
to be connected to your nearest Recon IDC for mentorship and interviews.
Follow the requirements in the attached MILPERSMAN:
1306-983 FMF Recon MILPERS
- Be 28 years or younger upon application receipt
- Pass a Dive Physical and hyperbaric pressure test
- Have a clear record – no NJPs within 18 months of application.
- Security Clearance Eligibility
- Be E-5 or lower.
- Be recommended by your CO.
- Interview with and E-7 or above in the Recon IDC community – Reach out to the Enlisted Community Manager.
- Conduct a special dive physical.
- Conduct the PST.
- Conduct a Hyperbaric Pressure Test.
- Submit a request for Program Entry (1306/7)
The PST is broken down into 5 events in this order:
500yd or 450m – 10 minutes rest
Max Set Push-ups in 2 minutes – 2 minutes rest
Max Curl-up in 2 minutes – 2 minutes rest
Max Pull-ups – 10 minutes rest
1.5mi Run – sub 10:30 minutes
Below are PDFs to help prospective candidates succeed in the pipeline.